161 Expert Positioning - David Newman
Marketing, Business, Sales, Relationships, Prospects
How important is it to really embrace the value of your product or service? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, one of the truly outstanding marketers of today’s entrepreneurial world, David Newman, will share some of his top tips on Thought Leadership Marketing. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- A powerful example of valuing your product to be legitimately worthy of a higher price.
- Why we must believe in the value of our product or service if we expect our customers or clients to believe in it.
- A key principle of sales: we should not be selling on low price, but rather on high value.
Interview with David Newman
- That if you want to stand out, you have to say things differently, you have to do things differently, and you have to be more helpful than the average salesperson.
- Some of the how-to’s of thought leadership marketing.
- Three key questions: 1) What business are you in? 2) What business are you REALLY in? 3) What business do your prospects need you to be in?
- The importance of connecting first as a friendly expert or trusted authority.
- The value of doing 15 minutes of research on a company you want to do business with.
- Why a true salesperson is a catalyst for new thinking.
- The value of knowing how Covid-19 has affected your prospects, and why you must adjust your sales language.
- A powerful David Newman-ism.
Click to Tweet
- “If you want to stand out, you have to stand out.” ~@dnewman #business
- “Research before reach out.” ~@dnewman #research
- “Marketing comes down to four words: Offer value, Invite engagement.” ~@dnewman #marketing
Do It! Marketing by David Newman
Do It! Speaking by David Newman
Free Do It! Marketing Manifesto by David Newman