Engineering A Successful Home Cakery & Food Truck with Patricia Bedford
Patricia Bedford lives in Pflugerville, TX and mainly sells cupcakes and cakes with her cottage food business, Suga’s Cakery.
Patricia actually has an engineering degree and worked as an engineer for 10 years before she completely changed course and started her home bakery.
She has gained quite the following over the past 5 years, and she is now in the process of building a food truck to expand her business to meet customer demand.
Patricia shares her online marketing strategies for becoming a top ranked bakery in her area, how she created a Kickstarter campaign that raised over $17,000, and how she is transitioning her business to a food truck.What You’ll Learn
- How Patricia went from being an engineer for 10 years to running a full-time home bakery
- Using a Google My Business page to let people find you without paying for ads
- How to drive traffic organically and get customers through Facebook and Instagram for free
- Search engine optimization (SEO) strategies for achieving top rank in your area via your website
- Tips for accruing over one hundred 5-star reviews on Google
- How Patricia prices 8-inch cakes and cupcakes and how she’s raised prices over time
- How Patricia crowdfunded her food truck venture and raised over $17,000
- Strategies for running a successful Kickstarter campaign
- Why Patricia decided to start a food truck instead of a brick and mortar storefront
- What to think about when buying a used food trailer
- How Patricia found a location for her food truck
Get full show notes and transcript here: https://forrager.com/podcast/14