242: Social Trends - Pinterest in 2020 with Kate Ahl
What fresh content is and why it's important for Pinterest, how to use Pinterest Trends, and how often you should be pinning with Kate Ahl.
Welcome to episode 242 of The Food Blogger Pro Podcast! This week on the podcast, Bjork interviews Kate Ahl talks about using Pinterest in 2020.Social Trends: Pinterest in 2020
Today marks Part 2 of our two-part series on social media in 2020. Last week we focused on Facebook and Instagram, and this week is all about Pinterest.
Pinterest can be a huge traffic-driver for food bloggers. In fact, it’s consistently in one of the top three spots of traffic drivers for food bloggers.
That said, Pinterest is constantly in pursuit of making the platform better for its users, so it changes quite a bit.
That’s why we’re excited to focus on the best practices for Pinterest in 2020 in today’s episode. Kate Ahl is here to give you her recommendations for finding what’s trending on Pinterest, pinning fresh content, writing awesome Pin descriptions, using promoted Pins, and more.In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What Pinterest is focusing on in 2020
- How going public changed how Pinterest works
- What type of Promoted Pins work best
- How to use Pinterest Trends
- How often you should be pinning
- Traits of successful pinners
- What fresh content is and why it’s important for Pinterest in 2020
- What you should include in your Pin descriptions
- Whether or not you should be using Rich Pins
- Simple Pin Media
- WP Tasty
- Pinterest Trends
- Google Trends
- Tasty Pins
- Follow Simple Pin Media on Pinterest
- 166: Answering Your Questions about Pinterest with Kate Ahl
- 157: More Clicks, Subscribers, and Sales with Pinterest with Kate Ahl
- 026: How Pinterest Analytics can Boost your Blog with Kate Ahl from Simple Pin Media
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for interviews, be sure to email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.