Episode 68 • 🌏 Introducing OneQode — a Startup Rescuing Aussie Internet
This episode, Matt reveals he is now the CEO of OneQode, a new Australian telecommunications carrier based in Queensland, on a mission to bring Australia back into the top 10 countries for internet speeds.
We discuss the Australian national broadband nightmare, OneQode’s lightning-fast internet solution, and ambitions for the future.
Afterwards, you’ll hear a whistle-stop tour of what’s been happening in the last few months, including the zany world of Decentralised Finance, and future technology updates.
Thanks for listening!Show Links
- OneQode: Lightning Fast Internet
- Speedtest Global Index
- FOMO Show eSports and Gaming Episode
- Coinbase’s DeFi Poetry
- Ainslie Bullion on DeFi
- DeFi Pulse
- DeFi meme coin Hotdog dumps 99.9% in hours after launch
- ‘DeFi will outperform Bitcoin in next five years’, says Pantera Capital CEO Dan Morehead
- BakerySwap DeFi Platform Shuns Ethereum, Launches on Binance Smart Chain
- Transparent solar panels for windows hit record 8% efficiency
- Apptricity Beams Bluetooth Signals Over 30 Kilometers
- Wireless electricity to be tested in New Zealand
- Robot Shaves Roboticist With Straight Razor
- NVIDIA Acquires Arm
- NVIDIA Acquisition Analysis
4:50 Revealing The Super Secret Project
5:21 OneQode: Telecommunications Startup
6:21 NBN: The Nightmare That Sparked OneQode
10:02 It’s 2020, and the NBN is “complete”
16:54 How OneQode is taking on the internet challenge
18:39 How The Internet Works – An Analogy
24:03 Modern Fixed Wireless: A Better Last Mile Solution
31:10 Targeting Gamers for Better Internet
44:11 Matt’s the CEO!
51:50 Where OneQode is Deploying First
1:02:20 Solar Glass Getting Good
1:04:21 Bluetooth Beamed 30kms
1:06:01 Wireless Electricity in New Zealand?
1:07:26 Robot Shaves Roboticist
1:08:35 NVIDIA Buys Arm
1:15:19 Wrap Up
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.