#39 - Exploring Financial Relationships, Part 1: Money and Friends
This is the first episode in a two-parter about how money impacts our relationships, and how we talk about money within those relationships. Within friendships, it’s a big social taboo to discuss money, right up there with politics and religion, but there are massive benefits that can come from breaking that taboo, from getting to know your friends on a deeper level, to feeling seen and known yourself, to even opening up the opportunity to do cool projects with friends (like this podcast!). Our guest is Kiersten Saunders, who writes the blog Rich & Regular with her husband Julien, and who fights for inclusion and racial equality in the financial independence space.
- Ecuador Chautauqua information – Hang out with Kara, Tanja & Kiersten for a week in August!
- Kiersten Saunders’ blog, Rich & Regular
- New York Times story on women in the FIRE movement
- Bank of America survey on money and friendships
- Away CEO expose on The Verge