#44: Lessons From 60+ Years of Running with Walter Liniger
Walter Liniger, 69 years young is a strong runner from Switzerland. He ran his first race at age 7, his marathon PR was set at 2:38 in 1988 in Basel. For many years he trained mostly at a high intensity, often out of the door and … full throttle.
In his late sixties he wanted to find a different approach to training and racing. He discovered the approach of MAF training.
His goals changed now not to chase the fastest times but to finish a race in healthy conditions and enjoying the journey.
About a year and a half ago Walter joined the Marathon PR Program to get practical information, advice and guidance with a holistic approach to training and racing.
It has been exciting to follow Walter's running journey on his Strava. He is a big inspiration to me and many others in our program. Recently he ran his first Ultra of 100km at the age of 68. We discuss his running journey and things he has learned along the way.
If you’d like to find out more about our running coaching programs, check extramilest.com/training.
Hope you enjoy this conversation with Walter!
Watch this full interview on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/oJVYTfqNaXk
YOU CAN FIND ME, FLORIS GIERMAN HERE:
- Marathon PR Training Course: https://extramilest.com/marathon/
- 5K to Half Marathon Program: https://5ktohalfmarathon.com/program
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/FlorisGierman
- Strava - https://www.strava.com/athletes/1329785
- My website - https://extramilest.com
- Podcast - https://extramilest.com/podcast/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/florisgierman