#220 - Helping Frontline Workers (Time Invention of 2020)
We are talking to the inspirational Dr Alex Young about the power of immersive tools to enhance learning and improve performance, especially in socially distanced settings. Virti was nominated as one of TIME’s inventions of 2020, so listen in to find out why. Also,
- Why snowstorms can be responsible for amazing innovations
- Why the future of immersive technology may be all about the data and can be used for teacher training, healthcare and retail as just a few examples
- Why reading biographies can arm you with amazing virtual mentors
- And why vocational technology is more about co-creation, not just generic SAAS platform business models
The episode is part of The VocTech Podcast series and is supported by Ufi VocTech Trust.
Join in the conversation using #VocTechPodcast and #VocTech.
- Alexander Young, Founder and CEO, Virti | Twitter: @AlexanderFYoung; @Virtilabs
- Sophie Bailey is the Founder and Presenter of The Edtech Podcast | Twitter: @podcastedtech
Show Notes and References
Check out https://theedtechpodcast.com/edtechpodcast for the full show notes.
Tell us your story
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Record a quick free voicemail via speakpipe for inclusion in the next episode. Or you can post your thoughts or follow-on links via. twitter @podcastedtech or via The Edtech Podcast Facebook page or Instagram.