Created with Sketch.
The Ease Into Retirement Podcast
17 minutes | Jul 22, 2021
Episode 29: Questions From Our Client Meetings
Can I take RMD money and put it into a ROTH IRA? I just sold my home, can I put these proceeds into a ROTH IRA? I'm still working at age 73 and all my retirement savings are in my active 401k. Can I roll that money over into an IRA?
18 minutes | Jul 15, 2021
Episode 28: Leaving Your Legacy The Right Way To The Right People
Lay out your wishes and desires in writing while you are able. Take control of your end-of-life decisions and directions. Leave your legacy in the most advantageous way possible.
18 minutes | Jul 8, 2021
Episode 27: "Don't Let The Door (Health Care Costs) Hit You On Your Way Out"
Before you retire, find out what benefits your company provides that may be portable . If you retire before age 65 or your spouse is under 65, address the health care coverage you will secure until eligible for Medicare. If retiring after 65, decide whether a Medicare Supplement or a Medicare Advantage plan best fits your needs. For ultimate needs, a plan to address Long-Term care and Advantage Health Care Directive are key.
18 minutes | Jul 1, 2021
Episode 26: The Tax Man's Hand Is In Your Retirement Pocket
Know your marginal tax bracket The difference between regular income and capital gains How you could pay excess Medicare premiums Take the MACRO not the MICRO approach to taxes Don't get caught in the RMD trap Social Security income could likely be taxed Harvesting from the forever taxed IRA to the tax-free ROTH Don't get caught by the widows penalty Tax laws are written in pencil
19 minutes | Jun 24, 2021
Episode 25: This Is Not Your FATHER'S OLDSMOBILE
In the good old days of investing, you could play it safe and not starve. After a 13-year bull market with a major downturn, YOU SHOULD NOT BE INVESTING LIKE YOUR DAUGHTER. You should INVEST AT A RISK LEVEL THAT ALLOWS YOU TO SLEEPAT NIGHT!
20 minutes | Jun 17, 2021
Episode 24: INFLATION Is The Silent Killer Of Retirement Planning!
Inflation makes a bigger impact than most think Many Retirement Plans are not built to counteract a rise in inflation How you can protect yourself against inflation
18 minutes | Jun 10, 2021
Episode 23: The Foundation of Income (Part 2)
Start by getting specific with what most consider a four-letter-word; B-U-D-G-E-T! Get specific. Total all your personal sources of income and subtract to determine your potential GAP. Determine the Three Bucket Strategy; At risk or insured, that best fits your internal risk tolerance.
19 minutes | Jun 3, 2021
Episode 22: The Foundation of Income (Part 1)
When you retire your income will generally not come from employment but from assets you have set aside, plus Social Security. Social Security claiming decisions are often complex, so get specific advice, not just general information. Pensions, Rentals, and Royalties are often common sources of retirement income.
15 minutes | May 27, 2021
Episode 21: 10 Things Retirees Often Get Wrong About Taxes (Part 4)
9. Estate Tax thresholds are huge right now, but there may be a storm cloud building on the horizon. 10. You actually get a little added standard deduction bonus once you reach age 65.
18 minutes | May 20, 2021
Episode 20: 10 Things Retirees Often Get Wrong About Taxes (Part 3)
6. Required Minimum Distributions from multiple IRAs or multiple 401ks are treated differently. 7. The due date for the first RMD is December 31st or April 1st, no fools! 8. Life Insurance proceeds pass tax free to the beneficiaries.
18 minutes | May 13, 2021
Episode 19: 10 Things Retirees Often Get Wrong About Taxes (Part 2)
3. ROTH IRAs -What? No taxes when the money comes out? 4. ANNUITIES are taxed in different ways depending on whether they are Qualified (IRAs) or Non-Qualified accounts. 5. RMDs now start at 72. That's Required Minimum Distribution
18 minutes | May 6, 2021
Episode 18: 10 Things Retirees Often Get Wrong About Taxes (Part 1)
1. Will my tax rates decrease or increase in retirement? That all depends on deductions, the go-go years and future tax rates. 2. Are social security benefits taxable? Yes! It all depends on your provisional income total.
16 minutes | Apr 29, 2021
Episode 17: 3 Basic Strategies to Develop Retirement Income
There are 3 general "buckets" of investments - income, emergency, and growth You can leave all three at various risk levels in the stock market. You can ensure your income for life while leaving your emergency and growth "buckets" in the market. You can split your income "buckets" between market risk and insured income while leaving your emergency and growth "buckets" all in the market.
15 minutes | Apr 22, 2021
Episode 16: 10 Good Things That Have Come Out of the Pandemic!
1. We've seen a positive community spirit develop 2. Cleaner air has resulted 3. Focusing on essential workers is good 4. Culture/fun is closer than we thought 5. Work habits have changed 6. You know who your real friends are 7. Life can be re-set 8. It's safe to drink the water again 9. We have better internet 10. YOU ARE STILL HERE-FOR A PURPOSE!
20 minutes | Apr 15, 2021
Episode 15: PENSIONS - Take or Rollover
Tom will discuss how to handle pensions in retirement. A Pension is an annuity-like financial vehicle that can pay an income for life. The positives and negatives of keeping and talking a pension The positives, negatives, and options for rolling over a pension
17 minutes | Apr 8, 2021
Episode 14: The Gift of Estate Planning
Fix Your Roof Before It Starts Raining! A Will or a Trust! That Is The Question - For A Professional! Got One - But It Might Need Up Dating. Would A Small Life Insurance Policy Help My Family At My Passing?
16 minutes | Apr 1, 2021
Episode 13: Social Security Strategies You Might Not Know About
1) The Do Over- First 12 months of claiming social security 2) The Breadwinner provision 3) Working and receiving social security
18 minutes | Mar 25, 2021
Episode 12: How 10 Types of Retirement Income Gets Taxed
Traditional IRAs and 401k's Roth IRAs Social Security Pensions Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds Annuity Dividends Municipal Bonds CD's, Saving Account and Money Market Savings Bonds
18 minutes | Mar 18, 2021
Episode 11: Understanding Market Corrections
What is a market correction? What triggers a market correction? What does a market correction mean for my investments? How long could the market take to recover?
16 minutes | Mar 11, 2021
Episode 10: What Happens When Two Become One (Part 2)
Investments Taxes Health Care Legacy
Terms of Service
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
© Stitcher 2021