Why Success Is Not What We Think It Is with Gwyneth Paltrow
One thing COVID taught me, albeit the hardest way possible, was to slow down. I used to be hopping on a plane once or twice a week with a booked schedule daily. It was fun and sometimes exhilarating, but also exhausting. After this last year, I’ve learned to appreciate how to go through life more slowly and mindfully, appreciating small moments like pouring a good cup of coffee or the way the light floods through my window. On today’s episode of The Doctor’s Farmacy, I enjoyed sitting down with my good friend Gwyneth Paltrow, who can relate to hitting pause on the chaos of life to redefine joy and health.
Oscar®-winning actress Gwyneth Paltrow is also a bestselling cookbook author, singer, and entrepreneur. In 2008, Paltrow founded goop from her kitchen table. goop has grown into a lifestyle brand devoted to helping women make their own choices count in the various facets of their lives—from style, travel, work, food, and beauty to physical, mental, and spiritual wellness. goop now has a tightly edited digital shop, a book imprint, permanent and pop-up retail experiences, a live event series, and its own product lines, including skincare, fragrances, apparel, bath and body, and supplements.
This episode is brought to you by Paleovalley, BiOptimizers, and Uqora.
Paleovalley is offering 15% off your entire first order. Just go to paleovalley.com/hyman to check out all their clean Paleo products and take advantage of this deal.
BiOptimizers is offering Doctor’s Farmacy listeners 10% off your Magnesium Breakthrough order. Just go to magbreakthrough.com/hyman and use code HYMAN10 to receive this amazing offer.
If you’re looking for a new, effective way to tackle UTIs, I highly recommend checking out Uqora. Right now they’re offering Doctor’s Farmacy listeners 20% off when you go to uqora.com/doctor.
Here are more of the details from our interview:
- How Gwyneth’s father’s cancer treatment led her to an aha moment towards her own wellness path (5:54)
- Gwyneth’s depression and realization about what was driving her success following her Oscar win (11:39)
- True measures of success (18:15)
- Why Gwyneth started goop (20:35)
- Gwyneth’s semi-departure from acting and entry into the wellness field (30:01)
- Bringing the search for magic, creativity, wonder, and awe into daily life (33:39)
- Showing up for your own growth and learning how to have a slow life (36:31)
- Waking up to self-exploration and presence in our daily life (46:09)
- Wellness practices that Gwyneth loves and returns to often (47:06)
- Gwyneth’s wellness routine (53:33)
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.