Why Dads Need Parental Leave Too, with Emma Walsh
Did you know that many countries now offer shared parental leave, meaning it is available for both mums and dads?
And the average amount of paid parental leave in OECD countries is 55 weeks?
Compare this to Australia where it’s 18 weeks, for mothers only, and you can see how we are trailing the rest of the world.
In this interview, Emma Walsh, from Parents at Work, explains why shared parental leave is so important and the positive impact it can have on families, kids and dads.
What you’ll learn
- The story behind ‘Parents at Work’
- Australia’s history of paid parental leave
- What parental leave options are available for dads
- Why some organisations are now offering shared leave
- Which Australian organisations are leading the way
- Examples from Nordic countries with family-friendly cultures
- The positive impact of men taking parental leave
Show notes and resources mentioned in this interview are available at https://thedadtrain.com/34