The Power of Self Talk, with Glen Murdoch
Glen ‘Doc’ Murdoch is a successful entrepreneur, coach and author of multiple books. He has trained, mentored and coached thousands of people around the world and inspires many with his enthusiasm and positivity. However, it hasn’t always been this way.
After experiencing abuse as a child, Glen struggled with mental health problems including anorexia, bulimia and depression for over thirty years.
He eventually managed to turn things around using techniques he learned from NLP and other personal development training.
In this interview, Glen gives us a raw and honest account of his thirty-year battle with bulimia and explains the exact three tactics he used to defeat it.
He also provides some insightful thoughts on parenting and the importance of having a balanced approach to fatherhood.
This is an inspiring story with some powerful lessons to be learned.
What you'll learn:
- Glen’s abuse as a child
- How he found peace with his dad on his father’s deathbed
- His battles with homelessness, depression and multiple suicide attempts
- A 30-year struggle with anorexia and bulimia
- The important role the Cricket Club has played in Glen’s life
- Studying Sports Psychology and learning about NLP
- The 3 tools that allowed Glen to turn his life around in a matter of weeks.
- The 3 distinct roles of a dad: coach, mentor and teacher
- Why many dads struggle with “daddy guilt”
- The importance of having a passion and balance in your life as a dad.
Show notes and related resources are available at https://thedadtrain.com/14