Simplicity Parenting, with Kim John Payne
Today’s kids have more stuff, are faced with more choices and have less spare time than any previous generation. For many kids (and parents) it can all feel a bit overwhelming.
Meanwhile, we have record rates of ADHD, ODD and various other behavioural disorders.
Kim John Payne from Simplicity Parenting believes that many of these behavioural issues are caused by our hectic lifestyles, which are causing children to feel stressed and anxious.
In this interview, Kim explains the philosophy and research behind the Simplicity Parenting movement and provides practical ideas on how to simplify your life for the benefit of your kids.
What you'll learn
- Kim’s background working with troubled teens
- How he noticed similarities between PTSD symptoms of war veterans and behavioural issues in kids
- The common issues faced by kids all across the world
- Disorders he has treated including ADHD, ODD, OCD
- How to simplify your lifestyle to help your kids
- Why Steve Jobs didn’t let his kids use devices at home
- Why marketers refer to parents as ‘Purchasing Friction’
Show notes and resources referenced in this interview are available at https://thedadtrain.com/27