Raising Bilingual Children, with Adam Beck
Are you trying to raise a bilingual child? Or would like your kids to learn a second language, even if you don’t speak one yourself?
Whatever your objective and whatever the scenario, there are strategies you can use to improve your chances of success.
In this interview, Adam tells us about his own experience raising bilingual children, some of the strategies he has learned along the way and how you can apply these ideas to help your kids develop their language abilities from a young age.
What you’ll learn
- Why Adam moved to Hiroshima, Japan
- How he has raised his two bilingual children
- The two key ingredients for raising bilingual children: exposure and need.
- The number one challenge – when your kids only want to speak one language.
- The different family scenarios and relative odds of success
- What to do if you don’t speak a second language but want your kids to learn one
- Some other surprising benefits of helping your kids to learn a second language
Show notes and resources mentioned in this interview are available at https://thedadtrain.com/18