How To Get A Baby To Sleep, with Emma Purdue
One of the biggest challenges facing all new parents is the lack of sleep.
Particularly during the first few months, it can put a big strain on a relationship. And it’s not unusual for dads to feel a bit useless.
But as today’s guest explains, there are plenty of things dads can do to help get a baby to sleep.
Emma Purdue is the founder of Baby Sleep Consultant, who have helped thousands of parents with their baby sleep challenges. In this interview, she shares some of her best tips for how to get a baby to sleep.
What you’ll learn
- Why sleep deprivation is such a big issue for new parents
- How long do newborn babies typically sleep for?
- How long before a baby can sleep through the night?
- How to survive the first few months with a newborn.
- How a lack of sleep can trigger postnatal depression (PND)
- What factors help babies sleep through the night
- How to spot your baby’s ‘tired signals’
- How dads can help settle a newborn baby
- The 5-Ss to trigger the calming reflex
- What is the four-month regression?
- The three types of stress, including ‘positive stress’
- Emma’s top tips for How to Get a baby to sleep
- When and how to get help from a professional sleep consultant
Show notes and resources are available at https://thedadtrain.com/33