Follow Your Calling, with Kamal Sarma
Kamal Sarma spent seven years training as a monk in India, before returning to Australia to embark on a successful corporate career.
He has held executive positions at companies including McKinsey and AMP, as well as founding two venture capitalist businesses in the IT and biotech industries.
As a young parent, he endured a difficult experience with the death of his first daughter when she was 3 days old. This caused Kamal to re-examine his life and look for his true calling.
In this interview, Kamal shares some of the lessons he learned as a monk and how they’ve helped him in his career and his role as a father. He also talks about finding his calling and how it has helped motivate him to do more community work supporting the causes he believes in.
What you’ll learn
- Why Kamal’s parents sent him to a monastery in India
- What did he learn from his monastic experience?
- Why he and his son launched a not-for-profit: CaptivateTheFuture.com
- Kamal’s work with the RUOK foundation
- How the death of his first daughter caused him to reevaluate his life
- The one thing he’d do differently as a dad if he had his time again
- The importance of one-to-one time with each kid
Show notes and links to resources mentioned in this interview are available at https://thedadtrain.com/28