Changing the Face of Men’s Health, with Liam Cavanagh from Movember
Did you know that men on average will die six years younger than women?
And there is no justifiable reason for this. Most of the causes of premature death are things that could easily be prevented if men learn to take better care of themselves.
The Movember Foundation is on a mission to tackle three of the biggest issues facing men’s health, which are: suicide prevention, prostate cancer and testicular cancer.
In this interview, Liam Cavanagh from Movember explains how these issues are affecting men, what we can do to prevent them and how to get on board the Movember movement.
What you’ll learn
- Liam and Scott’s experience at The Men of Moreland program
- The ALEAC Model for healthy conversation
- Liam’s new role as the coach of the Coburg Women’s Football Club
- The story of how Movember started in 2003 at a pub in Richmond
- The three big causes that Movember supports
- Mental health and Suicide Prevention
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular cancer
- This year’s “Know thy nuts” campaign
- “The most important mo you’ll ever grow”
- The four ways to get involved with Movember
Show notes and resources are available at https://thedadtrain.com/32