EP 15 – Loren Pierson of Mercer Advisors & Michael Kossman of Aspiriant
In the 15th episode of The COO Roundtable, Matt welcomes Loren Pierson, COO of Mercer Advisors and Michael Kossman, COO, CCO, and Partner of Aspiriant. A trailblazer in the RIA industry in the field of mergers and acquisitions, Mercer Advisors has acquired 31 firms to date. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Mercer has over 400 employees and approximately $18 billion in client assets. Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, Aspiriant has 11 offices around the country and manages over $12 billion in client assets. With the goal of highlighting how a COO’s key contributions to a firm’s operations lead to successful mergers and acquisitions, Matt, Loren, and Michael sit down to discuss the importance of an organized, scalable infrastructure, alignment of common core values, translating vision into action, and much more including:
- Their individual paths that led them to become COOs at powerhouse RIAs
- The story behind San Francisco’s “Michael Kossman Day”
- Comparing and contrasting their respective firms’ philosophies on M&A
- The role the COO plays in each of their respective firms’ M&A strategy
- How to create a culture and scalable process that gives a unified, stand out client experience across offices nationwide
- How they each plan for their respective firms’ future
We hope you enjoy, share, and subscribe!
Sign up here to be notified of new practice management content added to our blog on a regular basis.