89: How to Navigate Through an Identity Crisis
Who are you? What do you do? Such simple questions. Yet, questions that can have a lot of impact. So much of who you are is tied into your identity, but do you truly know who you are? Today, Erin and Rachel are talking about identities and how they can impact you and your life!
You’ll hear more about:
- The constant evolution of who you are
- How Erin has been reframing her identity since becoming a mom (while not losing herself)
- Why you are more than just one identity
- The conflict Rachel felt being labeled a “fitness” woman
- Why doing the internal work is so important
- Where your perceptions around identities come from
- The simple question that can trip you up
- How to figure out who you truly are
- And so much more!
Let’s take a listen!
Erin’s Instagram: @erin_travelsforlife
Rachel’s Instagram: @iamrachelbrooks
The Confident Woman Podcast Instagram: @theconfidentwomanpodcast
- “How you perceive that you hold of yourself, your actions are going to follow that.” - Erin
- “We don’t have to pigeonhole us into one role.” - Rachel
- “I can choose what that identity means to me and reinvent that for me.” - Erin
- “We hear a label and we’ve already attached a belief to it.” - Rachel