Trekking to Everest Base Camp with Your Kids - Interview with Amy and Ronnie from Where The Jones
If you're wondering how to travel with kids, you need to take a page out of the Jones' family book! Ronnie and Amy sold their home, their cars, and almost everything else to take their two boys traveling around the world. They're visiting as many countries as possible while being transparent through their blog and YouTube channel, showing the behind the scenes of what it's really like to travel full time with your family.
One story of theirs stood out, and I just had to hear it from them in person. Ronnie and Amy did the 16-day trek to Everest base camp with Ayden and Bastian, who were 9 and 11 years old at the time.
What we talk about in the episode:
- Why did they decide to hike to Everest Base Camp as a family?
- What is a reasonable amount of time to complete the hike?
- Is it better to hire a guide and porters or hike on your own?
- What gear should you buy and what should you rent?
- What is the condition of the trail like?
- Do you need to book huts in advance to sleep in?
- Where can you find ATM's on the Everest Base Camp trail?
- How much money would a family spend each day?
- Where do you get food on the trail?
- What if your kids are fussy eaters?
- What's the youngest age that kids can hike to Everest Base Camp?
Hit SUBSCRIBE so you don't miss a show and check out TheConfidentTraveller.com for more great travel tips!