How open source saved htop
Today we welcome Hisham Muhammad into our Maintainer Spotlight. Hisham is the creator of htop - a well known cross-platform interactive process viewer. This conversation with Hisham covers the gamut of being an open source software maintainer. To set the stage, a new version of htop was announced, but not by Hisham – it was a kind takeover of the project and needless to say Hisham was surprised, but ultimately relieved. Why? Well, that’s what this episode it all about…
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Tidelift – The first managed open source subscription helps you develop apps with components that just work—including comprehensive security updates, active maintenance, and accurate licensing. And the best part of all—with the Tidelift Subscription, you help open source maintainers get paid for their work. Learn more at tidelift.com.
- Hisham Muhammad – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Issue #992 - Is this project maintained?
- What’s new in htop version 3.0.2
- LuaRocks - The package manager for Lua modules
The HTTP 413 Payload Too Large response status code indicates that the request entity is larger than limits defined by server; the server might close the connection or return a Retry-After header field.