060 – The Biggest Mistake Teachers Are Making Today Without Realizing It
You know Bob Ross, right?
The painter with the amazing hair and the put-you-to-sleep soothing voice.
Yeah, I actually have a friend (and a husband) who both listen to his videos sometimes when they’re trying to fall asleep. True story.
I mean, how can you not love this guy?
I’m mesmerized by how effortlessly he paints.
And I love his nonchalant take on imperfections.
If you make a mistake in your painting… No problem!
“It’s a happy accident!” Bob chuckles.
According to him, it’s a perfect opportunity to make a cute little birdie in the sky.
But what about mistakes in Real Life?
Do we actually see our mistakes as happy little accidents?
What if our mistakes are giving us results that we reeeally don’t want?
And what if we’re making detrimental mistakes without even realizing it?
Well, my intention here is definitely not to stress you out.
But I’ve gotta tell you something.
I see teachers making this ONE REALLY BIG MISTAKE All. The. Time. without knowing it.
And the reason I want to point it out is because I want to help you avoid it.
Because it is 100% avoidable.
And it’s definitely worth avoiding because it’s the #1 cause for why you might take a lot of action to try to solve a problem, only to find that you didn’t get the result you wanted.
Or you did get a great result at first, but it didn’t stick.
Some examples of this would be…
- trying a new diet and getting some results, but ultimately giving up on it in the end.
- trying a new exercise routine and getting some results, but feeling like it’s too hard to keep it going.
- trying a pretty new planner to get organized and better at prioritizing your time, but finding that the planner didn’t really help you fix anything.
- trying to improve a relationship by saying or doing things differently, but ending up feeling like nothing much changed.
If you’ve experienced any of those frustrations after trying so hard to make a change…
I know the root cause of why it’s been such a struggle.
But do you?
Or have you been thinking the things you’ve struggled with changing will always continue to be a struggle?
Well, the great news is…
There’s a much better (and much more effective) way to make lasting changes in your life
It’s’ 100% in your control.
And it’s not complicated.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The #1 biggest mistake teachers are making today without even realizing it, and how it has everything to do with your life at school, at home, and everywhere in between.
- Exactly how to avoid this #1 mistake if you want to live your best life in and out of the classroom.
- The powerful changes you’ll immediately start noticing in yourself when you’re no longer trapped by the #1 mistake.
TRUTH: You don’t have to sacrifice your health or happiness to be a great teacher.
DARE: Regret-proof your #teacherlife by doing things differently.
(Re)discover the life you thought you signed up for.
Say goodbye to the #teachertired and say hello to the very best version of yourself.
A tribe of teacher wellness warriors is launching soon!
Get all the tools, strategies, and support you need to reclaim your time, restore your happiness, and transform your mental, emotional, and physical health.