Mike Goldman: Follow Your Gut to a Breakthrough
MIKE GOLDMAN, author of Breakthrough Leadership Team, is a nationally recognized speaker, author and leadership team coach. He has over 30 years of experience consulting and coaching companies that include local entrepreneurs and Fortune 500s. Throughout his career at Accenture and Deloitte Consulting, he helped brands like Verizon, Disney, Polo Ralph Lauren, Chanel, Dillard’s, Liz Claiborne and Levi Strauss. In 2007, Goldman founded Performance Breakthrough to help mid-sized companies achieve dramatic business growth. He does this by working with leadership teams to ensure they have the right people, strategies and execution habits for growth.
Goldman’s clients value his vast experience with organizations of all sizes as well as his incredible passion and energy. His no-nonsense, practical style enables individuals and teams to uncover opportunity areas and achieve revolutionary results with laser focus.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Mike Goldman discuss:
- The emotional aspect of working from home.
- Leaders that feel they need to save the day or be a superhero.
- Creating a plan for your business using a bias toward action.
- The Leadership team makeup, belief, and action.
- Show vulnerability and honesty as a leader.
- Focus on what you want instead of what you don’t want.
- Get excited about what you are doing now that will benefit the business 6-9 months from now.
- Don’t make decisions that alienate your clients or employees to make money.
"Now is the time that your coaching skills and your listening skills need to be better than they have ever been." — Mike Goldman
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Mike Goldman:
Book: Breakthrough Leadership Team
Performance Breakthrough: The Four Secrets of Passionate Organizations
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/
Show notes by Podcastologist: Kristen Braun
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.