265: There Are No Free Lunches
On this week's episode, Steph and Chris chat about database transactions and job queues, building static sites with GatsbyJS and NetlifyCMS, the performance impacts of front end frameworks and static content, and lastly they catch up on Hacktoberfest and the complexities of encouraging and supporting work in open source.
This episode is brought to you by:
- ScoutAPM - Give Scout a try for free today and Scout will donate $5 to the open source project of your choice when you deploy
- Datadog. Click through to get a free 14-day trial and a free Datadog t-shirt!
- Que (Postgres-backed job queuing system for ruby apps)
- Transactionally Staged Job Drains in Postgres
- Postgres Job Queues & Failure By MVCC
- Steph's Monster blog
- monster-cute blog repo
- Rich Harris - creator of Svelte
- Rich Harris on full stack radio
- Extensity chrome extension
- DigitalOcean's Hacktoberfest is Hurting Open Source
- Hacktoberfest Update from Digital Ocean
- Goodhart's law
- Adam Wathan of Tailwind Labs
- Remix Run
Become a Sponsor of The Bike Shed!
- Datadog: Click through to get a free 14-day trial and a free Datadog t-shirt!
- Scout: Give Scout a try for free today and Scout will donate $5 to the open source project of your choice when you deploy.