Emergency episode: Rob & Howie on the menace of COVID-19, and what both governments & individuals might do to help
From home isolation Rob and Howie just recorded an episode on:
1. How many could die in the crisis, and the risk to your health personally.
2. What individuals might be able to do help tackle the coronavirus crisis.
3. What we suspect governments should do in response to the coronavirus crisis.
4. The importance of personally not spreading the virus, the properties of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, and how you can personally avoid it.
5. The many places society screwed up, how we can avoid this happening again, and why be optimistic.
We have rushed this episode out to share information as quickly as possible in a fast-moving situation. If you would prefer to read you can find the transcript here.
We list a wide range of valuable resources and links in the blog post attached to the show (over 60, including links to projects you can join).
See our 'problem profile' on global catastrophic biological risks for information on these grave threats and how you can contribute to preventing them.
We have also just added a COVID-19 landing page on our site.
Get this episode by subscribing to our podcast on the world’s most pressing problems and how to solve them: type 80,000 Hours into your podcasting app.
Producer: Keiran Harris.