S2E19 Interview with Reed Davis on Mold Illness
Today’s interview with Reed Davis is about mold related illness, how to detect it in the body how to support your body if you have been affected.
Reed is a Nutritional Therapist and Founder of the Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® (FDN) Certification Course. He developed the D. R. E. S. S. for Health Success® program to consolidate the potent, proven, professional protocols that he developed over a 12 year period in collaboration with other leaders in the field. Reed is known as one of the most successful and experienced clinicians in the world today, having provided functional lab assessments to over 11,000 people for hormone levels as well as adrenal, digestion, detoxification, mucosal barrier, pathogenic, bone density and diet related health problems. He served as the Health Director and Case Manager at The Better Health & Wellness Center in Poway, California for over eight years before launching the FDN Certification Course. Reed lives in Southern California teaching the FDN Certification Course and helping his trainees to build robust, private-pay practices by integrating functional lab work. He is also on the Clinical Advisor staff at BioHealth Laboratory, Inc. where he helps lab clients interpret lab test results and develop natural protocols to restore function instead of just treating the symptoms..
Topics that we cover:
1) How Reed got into this field and why he created the Functional Diagnostic Nutrition program
2) What is the D.R.E.S.S. for Health Success and why it is important to start with this - Free DRESSGUIDE for our listeners! functionaldiagnosticnutrition.com/zestyginger
3) What kind of testing is available for mold detection in the body
- Cluster test (Shoemaker) - https://www.survivingmold.com/docs/UNDERSTANDING_CIRS_EDITV2A.PDF
- VCS Test - https://www.survivingmold.com/store1/online-screening-test
- MARcons nasal swab
- Full blood panel
Other markers that have correlated with CIRS
DUTCH - low estrogen & testosterone
GI Map (DSL stool test) – dysbiosis & infections such as h. pylori & salmonella
4) What protocol should a person follow when they've had mold discovered?
- Remove from exposure
- Binders – otherwise toxins get reabsorbed
- Eradicate MARcons – biocidin & silver
- Reducing inflammation – gluten free diet
- Hormone balancing
5) Is it necessary to test?
6) What can we do for kids as far as testing & support?
Follow us on IG: @zesty_ginger
Find us on FB: www.facebook.com/zesty_ginger
Want to become a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® practitioner?
Reed is offering a $500 discount code for the course!
Sign-up form: www.functionaldiagnosticnutrition.com/enrollzesty
Discount Code: ZESTYGINGER for $500 off the course
Free DRESSGUIDE: functionaldiagnosticnutrition.com/zestyginger
Want to grab a copy of the bonus Mold Survival Kit PDF? This is a list of all of Megan’s favorite resources (after TONS of research) to keep the air in her home clean. Just leave an awesome review on itunes for the 4 Phase Cycle Podcast, take a screenshot and email over to us at email@example.com and we will email you the guide! Or for those of you who can’t leave a review in your podcast play, post about this episode on instagram and tag @zesty_ginger.