SE4 EP37: eCommerce Email Marketing Automation - Biggest Mistakes
The core of email marketing is customer lifecycle marketing. This means nurturing your contacts from the awareness stage through to desire, action and loyalty/advocacy stages.
With email marketing, you are able to actually manage a life-long relationship and communicate with your customers.
On this episode, Kunle goes through the top 5 mistakes ecommerce brands make when it comes to marketing automation.
Here is a summary:
- Your 'Sender reputation' is your north star, ensure that it is protected by all means,
- RFM - recency, frequency, monetary value, lies at the heart of your customer lifecycle marketing activity.
- Use RFM for segementing your email list and for your core marketing automation strategy
- Ecommerce brands do not segment their list well enough
- VIP customers are not communicated on a 1:1 basis effectively
- Sending emails to your entire list is a sure-fire way to crash your sender reputation and increase your SPAM count
- If email marketing is not accounting for at least 20 percent of revenue, you are not doing enough
- You only really should be sending emails to 3 groups of people: VIP customers, Highly engaged (but not purchased) and purchasers that have churned.
- Klaviyo is highly recommended as a marketing automation platform for ecommerce
FACEBOOK GROUP...CONTINUE OUR CONVERSATIONThe eCommerce GrowthAccelerator Mastermind Facebook Group has just launched. It is a community... ✔️ for founders and experts passionately involved in eCommerce ✔️ for the truly ambitious wanting to make an impact in the markets they serve ✔️ for those willing and open to help and share with other members Here is where to apply to join the Facebook group >>http://bit.ly/ecommercefb