S2 038: Michael Mosley — You Deserve to Be At the Table
Today’s guest is living proof that alliterated names are a mark of success. Michael Mosley has done it all. His career is one to marvel, working nonstop in film and television in comedies such as Scrubs and dramas like Netflix’s Ozark and FX’s Next. Mike takes us through his beginnings as an acting student at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts into a prolific and admirable career. He’s candid about his early auditioning struggles and how he eventually overcame his insecurities and lack of confidence. From working with Margot Robbie in Pan Am to Jason Bateman in Ozark, he tells all and proves that building relationships and being a good person begets work. He shares his advice for longevity in this business but admits that acting is like gambling, and he’s always trying to stay at the table. Ultimately, Mike believes attitude is everything- you’ve gotta say F-it and have a little punk rock in you.
For exclusive content surrounding this and all podcast episodes, sign up for our amazing newsletter at AlyshiaOchse.com. And don't forget to snap and post a photo while listening to the show and tag me (@alyshiaochse)!
- PMO PEP TALKS: Click here to sign up
- WHAT'S MY FRAME: Learn the basic frames used in filmmaking and how to incorporate them to create dynamic and engaging self-tape auditions. Click here to get $30 off the course
- INSTAGRAM: @alyshiaochse
- INSTAGRAM: @thatoneaudition
- WEBSITE: AlyshiaOchse.com
- ITUNES: Subscribe to That One Audition on iTunes
- SPOTIFY: Subscribe to That One Audition on Spotify
- STITCHER: Subscribe to That One Audition on Stitcher
- WRITER: Bebe Katsenes
- SOUND DESIGN: Zachary Jameson
- WEBSITE & GRAPHICS: Chase Jennings
- ASSISTANT: Elle Powell
- SOCIAL OUTREACH: Bebe Katsenes