S2 033: Aaron Lazar — Climbing the Ladder & Coming Full Circle
We’re chatting with Broadway star and series regular on Fox’s “Filthy Rich”: Aaron Lazar. Aaron worked his way through every aspect of this industry—film, TV, theatre—with the same tenacity that almost led him to become a surgeon. But instead of never sleeping in medical school, he chose the city that never sleeps.
11 Broadway productions later (including “The Phantom of the Opera,” “A Little Night Music,” and “Dear Evan Hansen), plus acclaimed films such as “J.Edgar,” “The Wolf of Wall Street,” not to mention roles on hit TV shows such as “Quantico,” “The Blacklist,” and “Blue Bloods,” he’s garnered an authenticity that helps him define and believe in himself as an artist.
Aaron shares what he’s learned on each step of the ladder: how becoming a father shifted his attitude towards the work and how improvising with Leonardo DiCaprio led to some movie magic. He’s a great example of someone who works hard and stays open to learning on the job, whether that’s performing 8 live shows a week, working 15 hours a day on set, or navigating life in between. There’s no business like show business, and he’ll tell you it’s so.
- WEBSITE: AaronLazar.com
- IMDB: Aaron Lazar
- INSTAGRAM: @aaronscottlazar
- TWITTER: @AaronLazar
- PLAYBILL: Aaron Lazar
For exclusive content surrounding this and all podcast episodes, sign up for our amazing newsletter at AlyshiaOchse.com. And don't forget to snap and post a photo while listening to the show and tag me (@alyshiaochse)!
- WHAT'S MY FRAME: Learn the basic frames used in filmmaking and how to incorporate them to create dynamic and engaging self-tape auditions. Click here to get $30 off the course
- INSTAGRAM: @alyshiaochse
- INSTAGRAM: @thatoneaudition
- WEBSITE: AlyshiaOchse.com
- ITUNES: Subscribe to That One Audition on iTunes
- SPOTIFY: Subscribe to That One Audition on Spotify
- STITCHER: Subscribe to That One Audition on Stitcher
- WRITER: Lizzy Dalla Betta
- SOUND DESIGN: Zachary Jameson
- WEBSITE & GRAPHICS: Chase Jennings
- ASSISTANT: Elle Powell
- SOCIAL OUTREACH: Bebe Katsenes