How B-Corp Status Can Make You an Employer of Choice
Becoming a B-Corp certified company represents a commitment to people, planet, and profit — and that can make you an attractive employer for both candidates and employees, explains today’s guest Paul Hunter, Responsible Business Lead, Kin + Carta. Responsibility and sustainability are baked into the Kin + Carta brand.
“Just as people are starting to prioritize responsibility more in the ways that they purchase goods and services,” says Paul, “they're also prioritizing it more in choosing where they work.”
Millennials and Gen Z have long been hailed as the most purpose- and cause-driven generation of workers; this interview with Paul bears that out. Not only does Paul make the power of becoming a B-Corp for recruitment indisputable, but it tells the story of how one company did it — and did it well.
- Limiting global warming to only 1.5 degrees Celsius will take commitment from businesses
- Why Gen Z and Millennials value environmental responsibility in workplace values
- How building B-Corp certification into your brand yields profitable partnerships
- What your data retention strategy is costing the environment
- What the B-Corp certification process is like — and how to begin
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- The United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Report
- Meet the 2020 Consumers Driving Change: Why Brands Must Deliver on Omnipresence, Agility, and Sustainability, a report by The IBM Institute for Business Value and The National Retail Federation
- Gies College of Business at the University of Illinois
Listening on a desktop and can’t see the links? Just search for Technically People in your favorite podcast player.