Lies That Keep Us from Exercising
Do you have a hard time making yourself exercise? Or do you ever find yourself becoming obsessed with exercise? In today’s podcast, Jessica Hottle shares three lies that keep us from exercising and the truth that will help us want to exercise.
Jessica also talks about the problem of putting too much importance on exercise and appearance, and how God can help us change no matter what side of the spectrum we lean toward.
Jessica Hottle is a successful online entrepreneur, speaker, author, podcaster, and faith-based fitness coach who helps women find freedom from their past and healing in their bodies. While she believes that we’re called to steward our bodies well, what matters most is what’s in our hearts and our standing in Christ.
Things We Talked About on the Podcast:
- Lies that keep you from exercising
- Why it’s important to be consistent with exercise and how to discover what consistency looks like for you
- What to do on the days you miss your workout
- How to avoid becoming excessive with exercise
- How all-or-nothing thinking affects exercise and how to get rid of it
- Why it’s important to ask, “What does my soul, spirit, and body need?”
- Other questions you can ask for self-evaluation
- How to make time for exercise
- What to do if you’ve always failed at creating an exercise routine in the past
“Your body is your biggest storyteller.” - Jessica Hottle
"Ask yourself these questions: 'What does my soul need? What does my body need?'" - Jessica Hottle
Resources We Talked About on the Podcast:
- What’s the Truth Podcast with Jessica Hottle
- Jessica's Instagram
- I Deserve a Donut App
- Know Your Worth by Jessica Hottle
- Own Your Worth by Jessica Hottle
How to Listen to the Podcast:
- Stitcher: Click here to subscribe or listen on Stitcher.
- Apple Podcasts: Click here to subscribe or listen on Apple Podcasts. (If you haven’t subscribed to the podcast on Apple, this can sometimes take a few hours to update.)
- Google Play: Click here to subscribe or listen on Google Play.
- Android: Click here to subscribe or listen on Android.
- Spotify: Click here to subscribe or listen on Spotify.
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Taste for Truth Podcast.”