How Blockchain and Technology Are Impacting Real Estate with Nikolai Ray, Ep. 324
Nikolai Ray is the founder and the CEO of MREX as well as a professor in real estate financial engineering at MREX Collage. He is regarded as one of North America’s leading experts in apartment investing with over ten billion dollars worth of analysis, underwriting, and transactions.
Let’s dig in to learn more about MREX and how it’s going to impact the real estate industry.
[00:01 – 04:55] Opening Segment
- Nikolai talks about his background.
- The upbringing and challenges Nikolai faced to become who he is.
- What lead him to real estate
[04:55 – 16:50] Access to Real Estate
- Understanding the importance of ownership
- Nikolai explains how MREX came to be and what it is for
- How investors can use MREX.
- Why recognizing gaps and inefficiencies is important.
[16:50 – 29:29] Blockchain and Real Estate
- What is blockchain?
- How blockchain and other technologies will impact the real estate industry
- The conveniences that blockchain will bring
- Nikolai talks about the market and his approach.
- What Nikolai is looking at from an investing standpoint.
- Announcement: Download Our Sample Deal and Join Our Mailing List
[29:29 – 36:48] Bullseye Round
Going bankrupt from being a millionaire at 25
Most Recommended Book:
Kissing his kids.
I Wish I Knew When I Was Starting:
Managing a company is harder than starting one
Best Place to Grab a Bite in Montreal
La Queue de Cheval
You can connect with Nikolai on his website.
“I see the future of an apartment building where you won’t even have to have somebody actually working on the property.” - Nikolai Ray
“Blockchain will bring more transparency to real estate.” - Nikolai Ray
Thank you for joining us for another great episode! If you're enjoying the show, please LEAVE A RATING AND REVIEW, and be sure to hit that subscribe button so you do not miss an episode.