Rabbit Hole Recap: Bitcoin Week of 2021.07.05
This week Marty and Matt discuss:
- specter windows vulnerability was a false alarm
- bisq discloses substantial privacy vulnerability
- former cftc chair advocates for a bitcoin etf
- casa client drugged by tinder date in attempted bitcoin theft
- kaspersky password manager was generating insecure passwords
- bybit adding kyc
- fincen hires a "chief digital currency advisor" with justice department experience
- EU parliament approves mass surveillance of private communications
- samourai wallet v0.99.96i released
- mempool v2.2.0 released
- new feature allows you to coinjoin directly to cold storage using whirlpool
- brenntag paid a 70 bitcoin ransom to darkside in may
- nuclear powered mining op in south carolina
- hydropower mining op in new york
- this month in bitcoin privacy
- bitcoin and the american idea by gladstein
- diverter on freedom
Shoutout to this week's sponsors.
Cash App. Start #stackingsats today. Use the promo code: "stackingsats" to receive $10 and contribute $10 to OWLS Lacrosse when you download the app.
Unchained Capital. Check out their white glove vault concierge service that will take you from zero to secure multisig setup in no time. Use the code TFTC and receive $50 off that package that includes 2 Trezor Model Ts and $1,000 in your vault.
HodlHodl. Lend at Hodl Hodl is a new non-custodial bitcoin backed lending platform, that allows peer to peer lending and borrowing between users, globally, anonymously & on your own terms. Create you offers & set your own terms on lend.hodlhodl.com
Braiins. Braiins are leaders in the mining industry; running Slush Pool, creating firmware to make miners more profitable (Braiins OS+), and building out Stratum V2 to help further decentralize mining and make Bitcoin more robust. Check out their mining profitability calculator.