Rabbit Hole Recap: Bitcoin Week of 2021.06.07
This week Marty and Matt discuss:
- El Salvador declares bitcoin legal tender
- Legal tender move pissed off IMF
- VOLCANO MINING
- DOJ seizes 63.7 bitcoin connected to Colonial Pipeline ransomware attack
- Global bank regulators propose burdensome bitcoin capital rule
- White House advisor disclosures million dollar bitcoin position
- Blockstream and Square announce solar mining initiative
- Square announces $5M bitcoin endowment
- Rumors that Indian Government will be more positive toward bitcoin going forward
- Bitmex extends Gleb Naumenko grant
- Microstrategy announces new private offering
- Bitfinex invests in HodlHodl
- Ledger raises $380 million
- FBI ran an encrypted phone network 'Anom' with a backdoor
- Apple announces new 'private relay' trust minimized VPN
Shoutout to this week's sponsors.
Cash App. Start #stackingsats today. Use the promo code: "stackingsats" to receive $10 and contribute $10 to OWLS Lacrosse when you download the app.
Unchained Capital. Check out their white glove vault concierge service that will take you from zero to secure multisig setup in no time. Use the code TFTC and receive $50 off that package that includes 2 Trezor Model Ts and $1,000 in your vault.
HodlHodl. Lend at Hodl Hodl is a new non-custodial bitcoin backed lending platform, that allows peer to peer lending and borrowing between users, globally, anonymously & on your own terms. Create you offers & set your own terms on lend.hodlhodl.com
Braiins. Braiins are leaders in the mining industry; running Slush Pool, creating firmware to make miners more profitable (Braiins OS+), and building out Stratum V2 to help further decentralize mining and make Bitcoin more robust. Check out their mining profitability calculator.