What If I Sell Too Early?
In today’s Startup Therapy Podcast, Wil and Ryan talk about when is the best time to sell your Startup. It’s a tedious process so you shouldn’t just focus on what’s happening during the negotiations but also the pros and cons after the sale is made. And of course, how much you’re being paid for selling is as important as HOW you’re getting paid.
Sign up for the Startups Newsletter
- Startup Therapy Podcast
- Join our Network of Top Founders
- Send an email to email@example.com
What to Listen For
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:11 “What happens if I sell too early?”
- 06:36 Buyers are often negotiating to pay for a company’s future value
- 10:17 Whatever cash you’re taking now might be the last cash you’ll ever get in the negotiations
- 15:10 It’s not about how much but HOW you’re getting paid
- 17:58 Myth: The maximum amount the company is worth is equal to how much the founder need
- 27:21 You have to be realistic that you might not be able to sell