Episode 1: Secrets Of Success With Geralin Thomas
Geralin Thomas founded her business, Metropolitan Organizing LLC, in 2002. In addition to residential organizing, she is a career coach for professional organizers specializing in creating and growing successful, profitable businesses.
She is a speaker and author of From Hoarding to Hope, Understanding People Who Hoard and How To Help Them as well as Declutter Your Home: Tips, Techniques and Trade Secrets. She has been seen on A&E’s TV show Hoarders, the Nate Berkus Show, NBC’s the Today Show, Fine Living Network, just to name a few.
She was voted best chronic disorganization expert and has been a NAPO instructor since 2006, past president of NAPO North Carolina, NAPO North Carolina ambassador and on NAPO’s education committee.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What’s the best way to start out if you’re new to the industry
- Why building your credibility and your professionalism is essential to building your business
- What you can do to build your credibility
- How to use social media to your advantage
- How to build a relationship with a brand
- Using NAPO to build relationships nationwide
- Why steady marketing is a must to grow your business
- How to craft an “elevator” speech
- The one marketing tool Geralin can’t live without
- How to do what you’re good at and hire out the rest
- Employees vs. Independent Contractors