The Yellow Wallpaper: the walls have eyes.. and arms.. and teeth..
“... there is something strange about the house - I can feel it…”
Sit down to book club with Aurelien and Catrina as we discuss 1890's creepiest short story about home decor and descending into madness, The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. We talk about the notorious(ly dumb) rest cure, the secret ingredient in yellow wallpaper, and harnessing villainess energy.
Read the story for free on Google Books: https://books.google.com/books?id=9fGSHyaWofsC&lpg=PP1&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q&f=false
Theme: Magical Transition by Kevin McLeod Additional music and sound effects from zapsplat.com
- Lithub https://lithub.com/the-lesser-known-life-behindthe-yellow-wallpaper/
- The Conversation https://theconversation.com/the-yellow-wallpaper-a-19th-century-short-story-of-nervous-exhaustion-and-the-perils-of-womens-rest-cures-92302
- Smithsonian Magazine https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/victorian-wallpaper-got-its-gaudy-colors-poison-180962709/
- Atlas Obscura https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/shadows-from-the-walls-of-death-book
- Tor.com https://www.tor.com/2016/08/09/in-defense-of-villainesses/