91. Prayer for a President in Pain
The events of this past week, and especially January 6, 2021, have been astonishing. Never did I imagine that American citizens would attack and infiltrate the United States Capitol building. But it happened.
And at the center of this is Donald Trump, the President of the United States. As problematic as Donald Trump's presidency has been, he is a beloved child of God who is in deep pain right now. And I feel compelled to pray for him with compassion.
In this episode, I share some of my thoughts on the events of January 6, Donald Trump's character, and the pain he must be feeling right now.
THIS EPISODE'S HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- The insurrection and storming of the U.S. Capitol was an unbelievable and horrifying event.
- Donald Trump's character and leadership led to this insurrection because Donald Trump established an "us vs. them" mentality.
- Donald Trump's presidency has proven to be a failure in these final weeks.
- Now, Donald Trump is in considerable pain.
- We need to pray with compassion for Donald Trump.
- Markus prays for Donald Trump.
RELEVANT RESOURCES AND LINKS:
Instructions to leave a review of Spiritual Life and Leadership:
- Click HERE.
- Click on the link that says, "Listen on Apple Podcasts."
- In the window that opens, click the button that says, "Open Link." This will open iTunes.
- To the right of the Spiritual Life and Leadership logo, click "Ratings and Reviews."
- Under the heading, "Customer Reviews," click on the button that says, "Write a Review."
- Select the number of stars and write your review.
- Click submit.
I'd be so grateful if you did this. Thank you!
Support the show (http://patreon.com/markuswatson)