87. Racism and the Trials of Hercules, with Dr. Jerome Butler, host of Moments of Grace
Dr. Jerome Butler, host of the Moments of Grace podcast and author of numerous books, shares about his experiences with racism and likens the African American experience to the trials of Hercules in Greek mythology—a fascinating comparison!
THIS EPISODE'S HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Dr. Jerome Butler is the host of the Moments of Grace podcast. Books he has authored include Managing the Miracle, Power of Your Destiny, and Transformation of the Mind.
- Dr. Butler’s daughter wrote a children’s book titled The Krystal Kingdom, which is a parable about foster care.
- The first time Dr. Butler really became aware of racism was when the Central Park Five were falsely accused.
- For nine years, Dr. Butler was a Muslim while in the military. He shares how came back to faith in Jesus.
- Dr. Jerome Butler began to experience racism personally in his places of work.
- Dr. Butler compares the African American experience to the trials of Hercules in Greek mythology. Every time he met the demands of the gods, the gods would move the goal posts.
- “We have done everything that has been asked of us…. When do we get an opportunity to enjoy ‘Olympus’ with the rest of society?”
- Is there such a thing as systemic racism? Dr. Butler explains why there is.
- Find out more about Dr. Jerome Butler at www.drajrbutler.com. You can also e-mail Dr. Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can even call Dr. Butler, if you’d like, at 864-324-4886.
RELEVANT RESOURCES AND LINKS:
- Dr. Jerome Butler
- Books mentioned:
Support the show (http://patreon.com/markuswatson)