78. Redefining Success, with Tim Winders, host of Seek Go Create
Tim Winders had it all. A beautiful home, three companies each valued in the millions. He was, by all accounts, very successful.
Then the 2008 recession hit and he and his family began the slow descent of financial collapse that culminated with the loss of their home and essentially becoming homeless.
In this episode, you’ll hear how Tim’s life was transformed through this experience and how his experience of suffering and loss drew him into a much deeper relationship with God than he could have ever imagined.
THIS EPISODE'S HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Tim Winders is a business coach and host of the Seek Go Create podcast. He also just finished writing a novel which will be released soon.
- In the early 2000’s, Tim owned real estate, coaching, and lead generation business valued in the millions of dollars.
- Tim tells the story of how he lost his home when the economy collapsed in 2008. He and his wife became nomads living in an RV and have continued to live that way since then.
- In his younger years, Tim's mind was set on experiencing as much financial success as possible.
- After coming to faith, Tim Winders found himself believing aspects of the prosperity gospel.
- As the economy fell apart in the years after 2008, Tim and his family had no choice but to seek the Lord.
- Tim learned that he is a steward—not an owner—of everything he has.
- Tim embarked on an eighteen-month study of the Kingdom of God. Tim defines the Kingdom of God as anywhere God is allowed to reign and rule.
- Tim Winders describes how he defines success today.
RELEVANT RESOURCES AND LINKS:
Instructions to leave a review of Spiritual Life and Leadership:
- Click HERE.
- Click on the link that says, "Listen on Apple Podcasts."
- In the window that opens, click the button that says, "Open Link." This will open iTunes.
- To the right of the Spiritual Life and Leadership logo, click "Ratings and Reviews."
- Under the heading, "Customer Reviews," click on the button that says, "Write a Review."
- Select the number of stars and write your review.
- Click submit.
I'd be so grateful if you did this. Thank you!