EP.002: Faydra Koenig
My interview with “America’s Crises Coach” Faydra was AWESOME and EXACTLY what aspiring speaker needed to hear! As a new podcaster I want to make sure thatSpeakers On Speaking adds values to your speaking journey. So you can imagine the stress that I was experiencing as I thought about my first interview. So many questions… “How do I get a guest? What do I say? Will I make a fool out of myself?” Well there was nothing to stress over, because I had Faydra “America’s Crises Coach.” She had me feeling calm at “Hello!”
Faydra knew what I was going through. I make that bold claim for three reasons.
- She has her own podcast “Coming Out of the Fire.” A podcast where she interviews high-achievers who faced unimaginable obstacles and came out on top.
- She knows how to to help people though crises and last but not least…
- She IS a professional speaker, successfully earning a living as a speaker for over than 10 years.
- Speaking Platform: Crises Coach
- Years Speaking: 10 Years
- Website: DoingLifeWithFaydra.com
- Social Media:@CoachFaydra
[ctt title=”Faydra, America Crises Coach CEO shares her experience as a speaker.” tweet=”@CoachFaydra, America Crises Coach CEO shares her experience as a speaker.” coverup=”aavU1″]
Use this to jump to a specific section in the interview.
- [7:15] How did you get into speaking?
- [11:10]What role did blogging play in building your speaking platform?
- [13:48] How did you make the shift from speaking on issues that are emotional in nature?
- [15:20] How does one reverse the “Stuck in their Moment” pattern?
- [16:23] Speaker Take Aways
- [17:21]How did you shift from “free to fee”
- [20:21] How did you overcome your nervousness?
- [23:30] When did you know you are making a difference as a speaker?
- [25:15] How do you deal with fear?
- [26:50] How do you rehearse your speeches
- [27:30] What strategies do you use to connect with the audience?
- [30:02] Is speaking a talent or a skill
- [32:55] Where is the speaking industry going?
- [34:45] Faydra on Branding
- [39:00] Encouraging words to the Aspiring Speaker
- [2:50] “Sometimes life sucks…I make life suck less.”
- [4:52] “I niched up…and widen my niche”.
- [8:33] “I used to get in trouble for talking so much. But now I get paid so much to speak it’s mind boggling.”
- [39:00]“Don’t despise the day of small beginnings”
- “If you are putting yourself last, it is hard for you to show up for the audience.”
- “Everyone refers from within.”