Food Insight: Consumer Research, Trends & Communications – Kris Sollid
The International Food Information Council (IFIC) is a not-for-profit science communications organization based in Washington, DC that addresses various food-related topics with its team of RDs, PhDs and communications professionals. They are dedicated to the mission of effectively communicating science-based information on health, nutrition and food safety for the public good.
As Senior Director of Nutrition Communications at IFIC, Kris Sollid, RD, leads their nutrition team in monitoring nutrition research making media headlines to analyze how nutrition science is conveyed and its impact on consumer attitudes, beliefs and trust in information related to food and health.
Tune in to this episode to learn about key learnings and takeaways from IFIC's newly released 15th annual Food & Health Survey as well as two recent consumer surveys on COVID-19 behaviors and attitudes toward food including:
- Key factors driving food purchasing decisions
- Feedback on the use of mobile health devices and apps
- Snacking habits and protein intake
- Processed food, sugars and plant proteins
- How COVID-19 has impacted food habits including shopping, cooking, snacking
- Consumer perceptions, confidence and trust in the safety of the food supply and various sources of food/health information
Full shownotes & links to resources at: www.SoundBitesRD.com/153