43: Parenting Myth #6: Parenting Is About Raising a Happy Child -- Conscious Parenting Coaches Aneika Perez & Tia Fagan
I love this myth so much! I believe that by unlocking our beliefs about happiness (and the ways we are blocking it!), we can transform our lives. For those of us who are Americans, we are born into a nation so committed to the pursuit of happiness that it's in the Declaration of Independence. And yet, this "pursuit" is exactly what has the power to make us unhappy.
This show is the seventh in our 8-part series on Conscious Parenting and the parenting myths Dr. Shefali Tsabary shared in her inspiring book, The Awakened Family.
To bring this myth to life, we are joined by two inspiring Conscious Parenting Coaches who generously share their insights and wisdom: Aneika Perez and Tia Fagan. In this episode, we look explore:
- What we can learn from our own experiences of pursuing happiness
- How our discomfort with unhappiness -- and the other "bad" feelings -- is what stands in the way of us experiencing happiness
- How to "create space" for ourselves and our kids to experience any and all feelings
- More ways to create the "conscious pause" that makes ALL. THE. DIFFERENCE. in conscious parenting and in life
In the conversation, we referenced two previous episodes. You can find them here:
- Ep. 29: Emotions: What They Are, Where They Are, and How to Powerfully Flow Through Them – Dylan Rumley, Cognitive Medical Hypnotherapist
- Take 5 for a Simple Exercise That Shifts Stress & Anxiety to Calm & Resourcefulness -- Becca Armstrong
If you're interested in learning more about these amazing coaches, please check out the series webpage at soulpathparenting.com.