The Power of Notebooking with Cindy Rushton
Join Lisa Nehring and this week’s special guest, Cindy Rushton, and they discuss the power of notebooking! Here are some notes from the podcast:
- Note-booking: A storage container for new ideas or thoughts you want to remember.
- “… The way for writers who love to write, to write what they love about or what they love to learn”
- Notebooks document what you have studied. It allows you to interact with the material in a unique way.
- Lapbooks; a smaller, portable version that fits inside the larger notebook
- Notebooks allow the child to get their thoughts on a subject down, then read them when most needed later in life.
- An example would be Cindy’s son Matt; after a hard deployment in Afghanistan, he found a quote in his childhood notebook:
“…My religious belief teaches me to feel as sage in battle as in Bed. God has fixed the time of my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.” -Stonewall Jackson
The Notebooks help our children be ready for life:
- Matt Rushton is currently developing new ideas based off what is written in his notebook
- Helps with Learning as a lifestyle, as it is to hold what interests its owner. This will carry with us no matter where we go.
- Language Arts the Easy Way
- Ministering to the Heart of Your Child
- Fifty percent off with code: tnha
- True North now offers a membership site:
- Including clubs like ‘Science through Marvel’, ‘Minecraft’
Equipping tools; Academic Advising, Special Needs help, and other online workshops