Episode 16: Smart Marketing Habits With Tess Whitty
While everything about business looks a bit different than usual for most people right now, we can still be thinking about smart habits to put in place to market our businesses moving forward. Does it feel strange to think about marketing your services these days? You’re not alone!
That’s why we’re excited to share our interview with our colleague and friend, Tess Whitty.
A disclaimer: we recorded this interview about a month before the COVID-19 pandemic swept across the world. However, the content of our conversation is still relevant, and we hope that you find some ideas useful. Now, back to our guest.
Tess Whitty is an English-Swedish freelance translator specializing in corporate communications, software and IT. She has a M.Sc. in Economics and a M.A. in marketing and previously worked as a marketing manager.
Tess shares her knowledge and experience in marketing and business as an award winning speaker, trainer, consultant, author and podcaster. For more information, or to connect, go to www.swedishtranslationservices.com or www.marketingtipsfortranslators.com.
Here is a summary of what we discussed in this episode:
- How and when Tess started her freelance translator career
- How her typical workday looks, and how her daily routine changed and evolved over the years
- What smart habits that have been crucial in her career
- What marketing habits most freelance translators struggle with, underestimate, or overlook
- Tess’ advice to translators who are just starting out in their freelance career and who struggle with choosing what is most important to focus on first
- Tess’ marketing tips for mid-career professionals who are looking to grow their business
For more details and resources, visit our show notes at https://smarthabitsfortranslators.com/podcast-episodes/16