Dr. Michelle Robin
As we move on past the holidays and are well on our way into 2021, what are some wellness practices we can follow to help us reframe, refocus, and reset to put the odds in our favor? Join us as Dr. Michelle Robin shares how this week on Season 7 of Small Changes Big Shifts with the wellness practice of Ikigai.
Join Dr. Michelle as she shares:
- How we can reframe and shift our mindset as we begin 2021.
- What steps you can take to put the odds in your favor to stay healthy.
- The power of choosing a word to focus on for the year as explained by past guest Jon Gordon in his book, One Word That Will Change Your Life
- Why Dr. Michelle has chosen the word, “surrender,” for 2021.
- What you can do to get back into a rhythm of wellbeing behaviours and habits.
- How we can be happier especially with ourselves.
- Exploring the 5 pillars and 10 Rules of the Japanese wellness practice of Ikigai and how to apply it to your life.
Learn about the 10 Rules of Ikigai
- Stay active
- Take it slow
- Don’t fill your stomach
- Surround yourself with good friends
- Get in shape for your next birthday
- Reconnect with nature
- Give thanks
- Live in the moment
- Find your Ikigai
Mentioned In This Episode
- One Word That Will Change Your Life
- Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life by Héctor García and Francesc Miralles
- SCBS Ep. 185 – Jon Gordon
- SCBS Episode 258 – Sonia Choquette-Tully
- Big Shifts Foundation
- SCBS Sleep Campaign
- Your Wellness Connection
- SCBS 40 Days of Gratitude
- CommunityAmerica Credit Union
- SCBS 31-Day Kindness Campaign