Ep 26: Starting a Business From Zero- 7 Major Building Blocks
Below are the show notes for this episode on the 7 major building blocks for starting a personal brand business. Are you required to have all 7? No. But I strongly recommend all 7 and use these and more in my business.
With these 7 building blocks, you'll have a very solid foundation to not only start but grow your business.
After all, that's what it's all about, right? Growing the business and making significant income from it.
These are my 7 major building blocks that I recommend:
1-Vision- you'll need to start with a vision so you can know how to lay the foundation of the business and the direction to take for the other 6 blocks that are being laid.
• Where do you want to go and how will you get there?
• What kind of business do you want to have?
• What kind of lifestyle do you want to have?
• What are your financial goals?
• What does success look like for you?
• What is your ‘WHY’?
2-Website -Some people think this is now optional, but I don’t agree. It offers value in many ways. You can only do so much from your phone and in my opinion, not having a website will hurt your chances of success, not make it any easier.
- Validates who you are
- You can offer products and services
- You can manage communication
- You can merge with ESP
- You can merge with shopping cart
- Central point of all communication
I won't get into the other deeper aspects of the website creation process, like:
- Domain name
- Hosting account
- Email address
Who’s going to do it?
- Build it yourself?
- Hire someone?
What kind of platform to use?
- The build it yourself option on GoDaddy or Weebly
o More control of the platform
o More control of the content
o More control of the plugins to use and how to build your business
o Will probably need some help
3-Product/Service -What are you going to sell? What is your USP (unique selling proposition)?
• What will be your signature product? (high dollar)
• What other options will you have?
- Option A low $
- Option B mid $$
- Option C high $$$
- Option D free product or service
4-Email list- creating, growing and maintaining an email list will be a critical tool in your toolbelt to sell products and have a profitable business
• Build the list using:
- Lead magnets
• Create content for the list
• Manage the list
5-Marketing Plan- the marketing plan will provide the overall strategy for the tactics being used to start and grow your business
• Create the plan
- Social media marketing plan
- Content marketing plan
• Implement the plan
• Monitor the plan
6-Branding- branding will keep your 3 identities consistent in whatever message you give
What will your image/persona be?
You have 3 identities:
- Verbal-message about you and how you can help people
- Visual-consistent and professional throughout all communication platforms
- Values –what you believe and how you believe it-
7-Copywriting- with quality copy, you can help walk people through the Know --> Like --> Trust -->Try --> Buy process.
Some of the main topics you'll need with quality copywriting would be:
• How you’re going to help people
• Why they need your products and services
• Generating followers
• Building a community or tribe
• Converting the casual observer to paying client
We'd love to hear from you about this episode! Click on this link for a free gift: Episode Rating