Service Level Objectives with Alex Hidalgo
Adam welcomes Alex Hidalgo to the show. Alex is the Principal Site Reliability Engineer at Nobl9 and author of Implementing Service Level Objectives.
Adam & Alex discuss the ins-and-outs of SLOs. It's assumed you are already familiar with the basic concepts of SLIs & SLOs so please listen to the previous episode (linked below) before listening to this conversation.
Some of the take-aways: run your SLOs for a least a month before you consider them ready and alerting on SLOs is a really hard problem! Lots of great pro-tips in this episode.
- New! One Month Software Delivery Dojo
- DevOps Email Course
- Project to Product Email Course
- Continuous Improvement Pocket Guide
- War & Peace & IT Pocket Guide
Adam Hawkins' Links
- SLI's, SLO's, & SLA's on Small Batches #14
- Implementing SLOs from the SRE Workbook
Alex Hidalgo's Links
Follow @smallbatchesfm on Twitter and tweet me with your comments. Want a topic covered on the show? Then call +1-833-933-1912 and leave your request in a voice mail. Preference goes to to listener requests.
Support the Show!