Jeff Hemmer | Biblical Masculinity
What is Biblical masculinity? What is a man? Why does the world need men who are following the example Jesus set of Biblical masculinity? These are core questions and core concepts for Christian men to think about and implement in their lives, yet not often clearly talked about. My guest today, Jeff Hammer, author of the book Man Up: The Quest for Masculinity, has direct answers to these important questions and lots more in this great conversation.
Jeff Hemmer is the husband of (in his opinion) the most wonderful woman in the world, the father to the five most delightful children he’s ever met, the pastor of Bethany Evangelical Lutheran Church in Fairview Heights, Illinois, a wannabe farmer, maker of some things, fixer of some other things, grower of beards, and general curmudgeon. His big truck is probably a sign of his insecurity.
- What is a man?
- What does it mean to be masculine for the good of others?
- How does a boy become a man?
- Who are examples, from the Bible, of men who displayed characteristics of Biblical masculinity?
- How are we infected with what we have inherited as sons of Adam?
- What’s different (and what’s the same) about Jesus as a man, when compared to all other men?
- Why does the world need more men who are trying to follow the example Jesus set of Biblical masculinity?
- How does sacrifice relate to a masculine man?
- What force, in and out of the church, is preventing men from following Biblical masculinity?
- What does the Bible mean when it says that wives are to submit to their husbands?
- Why are there separate directives to love and to respect given separately to men and women?
- Is Biblical masculinity an impossible standard for men?
To get Jeff’s book, Man Up: The Quest for Masculinity, click here:
To get Jeff’s video-based book study that goes along with his Man Up book, click here:
To connect with Jeff on Facebook, click here:
THE FELLOWSHIP BROTHERHOOD
An exclusive community of like-minded Christian men, who meet each week to learn, laugh, hold each other accountable, and walk through life together.
Join this exclusive brotherhood: https://significantman.com/the-fellowship/
THE BASECAMP EXPERIENCE
Four days and three nights of life-changing and intense training for Christian men in the glorious mountains of Colorado.
Apply for this Adventure: https://significantman.com/basecamp-is-for-me/
Join the free Significant Man RECHARGE men’s FB Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/significantmanrecharge
Subscribe to the Significant Man YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/SignificantMan
Connect directly with Warren https://www.facebook.com/4warren
Purchase Warren’s books https://www.amazon.com/Warren-Peterson/e/B0097BEK8G