A LIVE Chat with Frankie York: Surfing and learning how to adventure with epilepsy
This episode shares the Instagram LIVE conversation me and Frankie had back in August, where we got to learn a little bit more about her, and how she seizes her adventure.
We talked about:
- Learning to surf (because of a boy...)
- The dangers of surfing with epilepsy, and some close calls
- How your choices regarding risk can affect others
- The best way to learn to surf as a beginner
- How surfing can be addictive and becomes a lifestyle
- Learning to listen to your body when you have epilepsy
- Speaking to lifeguards about your epilepsy
- Basic safety in the water when surfing
- Plans for Frankie's study abroad year in Spain...
Frankie is hard at work on her own episode about her relationship with surfing, and how people have helped her through her diagnosis., so make sure you are subscribed to hear that episode later in the year.
CONTENT WARNING: We talk about some close calls with surfing, and the potential consequences of having a seizure in water.
Disclaimer: Please remember this is Frankie' personal experience. We take no responsibility for individual decisions made with regards to adventure sports or medical conditions.
SUPPORT THE PODCAST:
Become a patron to support the podcast and continue telling stories of epilepsy in adventure. Sign up for as little as $3 a month (that’s less than the price of a coffee!!). All Patrons will get extra content every month, even between seasons, and Patrons at $5 and above get bonus episodes. Find out more at patreon.com/seizeyouradventure. You can also make a one-off donation at https://www.paypal.me/seizeyouradventure.
Kev Rowe on Soundcloud | Creative Commons Attribution License
TRANSCRIPT ON ITS WAY.
I am working to try and get accurate transcripts for all the Seize Your Adventure episodes. In the meantime, you can find most episodes on YouTube for auto transcription.