Lessons from Google’s Structured Data Guru on Doubling Rakuten’s Traffic
Today on the Marketing Scoop, we’re talking to Gary Illyes, Webmaster Trends Analyst for Google, and ‘Chief of Sunshine and Happiness.’
Listen in as Gary explains how Google worked with Rakuten to help them leverage structured data to improve the user experience and more than double their traffic.
This interview is also jam-packed with Gary’s thoughts on structured data, voice search, schema, and...Britney Spears.
Plus, check out the listener Q&A session at the end of the episode. You don’t want to miss it!
Guest, Gary Illyes
Host, Laura Morelli
- Google - https://www.google.com/
- Rakuten - https://www.rakuten.com/
- Case Study: Rakuten increases time on site 1.5x with the recipe search experience on Google - https://developers.google.com/search/case-studies/rakuten-case-study
- Rakuten Recipe - https://recipe.rakuten.co.jp/
- Google’s John Mueller - https://twitter.com/johnmu
- Google’s Daniel Waisberg - https://twitter.com/danielwaisberg
- Q&A with Gary Illyes from Google - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29p7tLrdOYA&feature=youtu.be
- SEMrush Twitter - https://twitter.com/semrush